Motorcycle Accident Facts
According to The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2016, 20 cars out of every 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 66 per 100,000. We are not suggesting you sell your motorcycle, but just keep safety in mind. Did you know that 47% of all motorcycle crashes occur at intersections? A motorcycle rider not wearing a helmet is 40% more likely to sustain a fatal head injury in a crash than a rider who is wearing a helmet.
Motorcycle insurance should be an important part of your planning. Our insurance policies cover all kinds of motorcycles, from sport bikes, cruisers, standard bikes, touring bikes, custom motorcycles, scooters and classic motorcycles. Our policies can also cover liability, uninsured motorist, medical coverage, custom equipment, medical payments, towing, and labor. Make sure each piece of special equipment is listed on your motorcycle insurance policy.
- Wear a Helmet. Buy a full-face helmet for the best protection for your head and eyes.
- Get to know your bike’s capabilities.
- Check lights on a regular basis.
- Always wear protective clothing.
- Never pass between vehicles.
- Use your headlamps both night and day, and wear yellow, red or orange jackets to make yourself easy to see.